Saturday, June 12, 2010

Back.

Back. It's a good feeling to come back somewhere and feel as if you just picked up where you left off.

I'll come back to that.

The plane ride. It was pretty interesting. At first I thought I had motion sickness yet I still don't feel that good this morning. I've realized my body tends to freak out when I take it new places. However, I just keep hoping and praying that I'll feel better.

This summer is quite different. or should I say it will be quite different. Many things are different. Last summer, I had just begun to transition from reading to action. While, being well read is very important, I really find the importance in taking action. And action doesn't have to be "TAKE TO THE STREETS!" It can be simple things like joining up with an organization that has already took to the streets! Haha.

When I take time to think back to my intellectual journey, my development as a thinker, I am just amazed. Not because I've developed into this super intellectual philosopher, not by any means (not sure if I would want to either), more so because of the journey in it of itself.

Maybe it's my way of understanding all of the things that make up this world, understanding that the good, evil, ugly, graceful and so on is wrapped up into the beautiful. Yet I've found so much comfort in understanding life as a journey. And the beautiful...beauty... itself is all of that. I enjoy the Tension, beyond good and evil. ;)

So looking back. Like the first time I began to stop. The first time I stopped to enter into dialogue with myself. To propose questions to others and become comfortable with this idea that, to me, questions will always be more important than answers. And what I have come to absolutely be thrilled by is that next year, heck by the end of this day, I may encounter something that will challenge it all, forcing me to stop once again and think...

Reader, Family, Friend, Stranger... I HOPE all is well with you. I HOPE that you grant yourself GRACE sometimes. I HOPE that you are constantly seeking FREEDOM from the powers that be, which sometimes may be yourself. I PRAY that your journey continues, that time will no longer be a hindrance to your dreams. I PRAY that life will be as easy on us as it can be, yet continues to propell us forward and know when to sometimes stop us, and if needed take us back. Aboveall, I HOPE we learn to continue to know when to stand and when to sit, when to speak, when to scream, when to yell, to be silent, for our people... which just so happens to be all of us. EVERYONE.

♥ left with nothing but HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment